Terms & Conditions
Your contract is with Riviera Tours Limited, a member of ABTA, ATOL & IATA.
Your contract is with Riviera Tours Limited, a member of ABTA , ATOL & IATA .
- In placing your booking you guarantee you have authority to accept and do accept these Booking Conditions on behalf of you and your party. A contract exists on issue of a confirmation invoice, which is subject to these Booking Conditions and governed by English Law and the jurisdiction of the English Courts. You may however, choose the law and jurisdiction of Scotland or Northern Ireland if you wish to do so.
- In order to process your booking and to ensure that you travel arrangements run smoothly and meet your requirements we need to use the information you provide such as name, address, any special needs/dietary requirements etc. We take full responsibility for ensuring that proper security measures are in place to protect your information. We must pass the information on to the relevant suppliers of you travel arrangements such as airlines, hotels, transport companies etc. The information may also be provided to security or credit checking companies, public authorities such as customs/immigration if required by them, or as required by law. Additionally, where your holiday is outside the European Economic Area (EEA), controls on data protection in your destination may not be as strong as the legal requirements in this country. We will not pass any information onto any person not responsible for part of your travel arrangements. This applies to any sensitive information that you give to us such as details of any disabilities , or dietary/religious requirements.
- The deposit, detailed on the relevant page of this price & departure dates booklet, is accepted as part payment of the holiday price and is due at the time of booking. In the event you fail to pay the balance of the holiday price by eight weeks before your departure date we reserve the right to cancel your holiday and apply cancellation charges in accordance with paragraph 6.
- After issue of the confirmation invoice, if you amend your holiday an amendment fee of £15 per passenger plus any costs charged by our suppliers in making such amendments shall be chargeable.
- Holiday prices are calculated using the exchange rates quoted by the Financial Times on 11/08/11, US$ 1.60 and €1.14. Once your booking has been confirmed, we guarantee not to surcharge your booking as a result of any cost increases. We reserve the right to change prices from time to time. Any changes will be quoted to you before you make your booking.
- If you cancel your holiday other than in accordance with paragraph 8, you must inform us in writing sent by recorded delivery, registered post or email. The following cancellation charges apply based on the period before departure when cancellation notice is received more than 56 days - deposit only; 56 - 31 days - 50%; 30 - 15 days - 95%; 14 days or less - 100%. Please note for European cruises, the cancellation charges are as follows: more than 56 days - deposit only; 56 - 31 days - 80%; 30 - 15 days - 95%; 14 days or less – 100% (charges shown as a % of the holiday price). Cancellation of certain transport arrangements, typically flight upgrades, connecting flights and train tickets can result in up to 100% cancellation charges regardless of the notice of period given to us. We reserve the right to pass on these charges which will apply to any upgrade to the transport element of your holiday and the cancellation charges in the scale above will apply to the other elements of your holiday (e.g. Accommodation, optional extras.) Also note that the transport provider may refuse to issue replacement tickets for lost or stolen tickets and new tickets may have to be purchased by you. The cost of the new ticket may be greater that the cost of the original ticket.
- We reserve the right to make minor changes to your holiday, which will be notified to you as soon as possible. Examples include change to aircraft type, alteration of flight/Eurostar times by less than 12 hours, change of accommodation within a similar standard. We also reserve the right to change the order of visits to that described in the advertised itinerary for operational reasons or to enhance the enjoyment of your holiday.
- Major changes to your holiday will be notified to you as soon as possible. Examples include an alteration to your flight time of more than 12 hours, change of resort or change to a lower standard of accommodation. You will have the choice of accepting the change or cancelling the holiday and receiving a full refund including deposit. A minimum number of clients are required for this holiday to operate. Should this not be achieved we may cancel the holiday and refund all monies paid by you. However, we undertake not to cancel the holiday after the balance due date other than by your failure to pay the balance (paragraph 3), or where paragraph 9 applies, and will make all reasonable efforts not to cancel less than 56 days before departure. The amounts of compensation in the table below are by way of a guideline only, in the event of a major change, and may in appropriate circumstances be increased or decreased.
|Period of Notice we give you||Compensation per passenger|
|56 - 15 days prior to departure||£10|
|14 days prior to departure||£25|
In accordance with EU Regulation 2111/2005 we are required to advise you of the actual carrier operating your flight/connecting flight/transfer. This is included in the dates and prices section of our brochure, or in your confirmation, as appropriate. Any changes to the actual airline after you have received your tickets will be notified to you as soon as possible and in all cases at check-in or at the boarding gate. Such a change is deemed to be a minor change.
9. In the event of war or terrorist activities threatened or actual, civil unrest, closure of airports or seaports, industrial action, threatened or actual or any other event outside the control of the company that causes a major change or cancellation to the holiday, we shall not be liable to pay you any compensation. When we refer to circumstances beyond our control, we mean any event, which we or the accommodation provider, could not foresee or avoid even after taking all responsible care. Such circumstances will usually include war, terrorist activity, civil unrest, industrial dispute, and bad weather (actual or threatened) and significant building work ongoing outside the accommodation, which is not known to us in advance of the date on which you book the accommodation. Riviera Travel is not responsible for the cost of any other travel arrangements affected due to cancellation or the rescheduling of any holiday
10. If you have cause for complaint during your holiday, please inform your tour manager immediately. If you fail to complain in resort, we will have been deprived of the opportunity to investigate and rectify your complaint whilst you were in resort, and this may affect your rights under this contract. If your complaint is not resolved to your satisfaction whilst on holiday please notify us in writing within 14 days of your return home.
We are a member of ABTA , membership number V4744. We are obliged to maintain a high standard of service to you by ABTA ’s Code of Conduct. Complaints are dealt with under ABTA guidelines. Disputes arising out of or in connection with this contract that cannot be amicably settled may be referred to arbitration under a scheme arranged by ABTA , which is independently administered by the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators. This Scheme does not apply to claims solely in respect of personal injury, illness or their consequences. Further information about the code or arbitration can be found on ABTA ’s website www.abta.com
11. (i) We accept responsibility for ensuring your holiday is as described in our brochure. If any part is not provided as promised due to the fault of our employees, agents, or suppliers, we will pay an appropriate level of compensation.
(ii) We accept responsibility if you or any person named on the booking form suffers death, injury or illness due to the negligent acts and/or omissions of our employees or agents, suppliers or subcontractors, whilst acting within the scope of, or in the course of their employment in providing your travel arrangements. Damages will be payable in accordance with English Law, subject to paragraph (iii).
(iii) The amount of compensation to which you are entitled will be limited by: (a) The contractual terms of the companies that provide the transportation for your travel arrangements. These terms are incorporated into this contract; and (b) The Montreal Convention in respect of travel by air, the Athens Convention in respect of travel by sea, the Berne Conventio in respect of travel by rail and the Paris Convention in respect of the provision of accommodation, which limit the amount of compensation that you can claim for death, injury, delay to passengers and loss, damage and delay to luggage. We are to be regarded as having all benefit of any limitation of compensation contained in these Conventions.
(iv) Under EU law you have rights in some circumstances to refunds and/or compensation from your airline in cases of denied boarding, cancellation or delay, details of which are available
from airlines and EU airports. Reimbursement in such cases is the responsibility of the airline. Your right to a refund from us is set out in paragraph 8.
12. If you, or any member of your party, suffer death, illness or injury whilst overseas arising out of an activity that does not form part of the travel arrangements or excursion arranged through us, we cannot be held responsible. We shall at our discretion offer advice, guidance and assistance. Where legal action is contemplated and you want our assistance, you must obtain our written consent prior to commencement of proceedings. Our consent will be given subject to you undertaking to assign any costs and/or benefits received under any relevant insurance policy to Riviera Tours Limited. We limit the cost of our assistance to you or any member of your party to £5,000.
13. It is your responsibility to carry suitable travel insurance. If you travel without suitable insurance, you agree to indemnify Riviera Tours Limited for any loss or costs incurred as a result. You should also be aware of your passport, visa, immigration and health requirements. You should confirm these with the relevant Embassies and /or Consulates. We do not accept any responsibility if you cannot travel because you have not complied with any passport, visa or immigration requirements. For all destinations you should consult your doctor at least one month before departure to ensure all health recommendations are adhered to. Should you wish to check the latest Foreign Office advice on any of these destinations, please consult www.fco.gov.uk. The EHIC isn’t a substitute for travel insurance as it does not include cover for cancellation, delay, repatriation, baggage loss, theft or treatment in private hospitals.
14. For packages that include flights, the Package Travel, Package Holidays and Package Tours Regulations 1992 require us to provide security for the monies that you pay for the package holidays booked from our brochure and for your repatriation in the event of our insolvency. We provide this by way of an ATOL (number 3430) administered by the Civil Aviation Authority. In the unlikely event of our insolvency, the CAA will ensure that you are not stranded abroad and will arrange to refund any monies you have paid to us for an advanced booking. For further information visit the ATOL website at www.atol.org.uk. For packages that do not include flights we provide financial protection by way of a bond held by ABTA .
15. You accept responsibility for the proper conduct of all members of your party. We reserve the right at any time and without prior notice to terminate the booking of any party member(s) whose behaviour is such, in our reasonable opinion, to cause or to be likely to cause danger, upset or distress to anybody else or damage to property, or whose health, after seeking medical opinion, is such that it may cause illness amongst others. Full cancellation charges will then apply and no refund will be given. If, in the reasonable opinion of ourselves, any person(s) is not suitable to continue the holiday because of health, whether mental or physical, unreasonable behaviour, damage to property or danger or significant annoyance to others, abusive/ offensive behaviour to other clients, our suppliers, hotel staff etc, then the holiday will be terminated with immediate effect. Furthermore, we shall be under no obligation whatsoever to pay compensation or meet any costs or expenses (including but not limited to alternative accommodation and travel arrangements) you may incur as a result of your booking being terminated.
Passport, Visas and Health
Passports should be valid for six months after your date of return and in addition should have a blank page available. For all destinations you should consult your doctor at least one month before departure to ensure all health recommendations are adhered to. Visas are not required for any countries unless indicated on the relevant page in this booklet for details. Should you wish to check the latest Foreign Office advice on any of these destinations, please consult www.fco.gov.uk. Whilst the travelling schedule on our holidays shall impose no problems for people of any age in normal physical health, we should like to point out that we visit many historical sites and often enjoy walking tours of various places of interest. Some holidays, therefore, may not be suitable for clients of greatly impaired mobility. If you have impaired mobility you agree to advise us at time of booking.